Top Multi-Vendor marketplaces such as Alibaba, Amazon, eBay and Etsy shared about one-fourth of all online shopping orders worldwide by early 2021. The key factor behind the rapid growth of this highly scalable marketplace model? Its owner doesn’t need to maintain inventory.
The Multi-Vendor Marketplace is a natural evolution of e-commerce. Older e-commerce models required that the marketplace owner owns (and is responsible) for the full inventory. In contrast, Multi-Vendor Marketplaces rely on larger scale inventories provided by different vendors. Since Multi-Vendor Marketplaces are more of aggregators, these require lesser investments, operating model complexity, implementation timelines, and risks. Tighter government regulation and taxation of e-commerce further accelerate the popularity of Multi-Vendor Marketplaces.
Retailers can also grow their business easily using a multi-seller marketplace–without significant upfront investments. Whereas if they want to own an e-commerce store, they will need heavy investments. Little wonder then, that there’s a gold rush to create multi-store marketplaces. If you are a passionate individual or entrepreneur with a great idea and the desire to grow a booming business, it’s smart to opt for a Multi-Vendor marketplace.
A viable Multi-Vendor marketplace needs a suitable engine to power it. This is where leading-edge, ready-made Multi-Vendor marketplace software with all essential features and functionalities steps in. Such solutions allow you to build your own vibrant, successful marketplaces. Most of these solutions are perfectly aligned with your business goals and needs.
The first step in this direction is to understand the pros and cons of all leading software solutions. Only then will you be able to pick the right one that fits your scheme of things.
So how do you choose the right Multi-Vendor e-commerce software? There are tons of free and paid Multi-Vendor e-commerce software solutions out there. But always keep one thing in mind.
The software that you select will have a long-term impact on your site and business. Your Multi-Vendor marketplace model is the key determining factor at this stage of evaluation. That will guide you to the right feature set.
Non-negotiable features for your software
Most features of online Multi-Vendor marketplace software emerge from traditional e-commerce platforms. But they need some tweaks to be ready to help build a vibrant online multi-seller marketplace. They must:
• Support third-party merchants’ onboarding as sellers
• Provide vendors with dedicated dashboards on the frontend
• Allow sellers to upload and manage their product listings and orders
• Enable the admin to track every third-party seller
• Offer a commission management system to bring revenue to the owner
• Enable the admin to track every vendor’s earning analytics
• Every seller must also be able to track his/her earning analytics
• Provide the admin with easy ways to transfer seller earnings
• Provide a multi-channel communication system for seller-to-admin, admin-to-seller, customer-to-admin, and customer-seller (depends) interactions
• Let customers post product reviews, buying experiences, etc
• Offer a refund management system that goes through admin to sellers from customers
• Provide the admin with a subscription management system to make extra revenue by offering value-added benefits to the members
• Give the admin decisive control over the platform, sellers, and customers
• Handle a wide base of users, products, sellers, and third-party APIs
• Cut costs of development, deployment, and maintenance of the platform
Top Multi-Vendor marketplace software of 2022
With options galore, it is easy to get confused! Here’s a list of the 11 best Multi-Vendor software of 2022. You can select the one that marries its essential and unique features with your marketplace objectives:
If you are looking for a reliable, scalable, Multi-Vendor e-commerce platform, you can count on CS-Cart. This powerful, user-friendly, customizable software will suit your unique business needs. Its inbuilt tools make it easy to manage inventory, track orders, and process payments from customers.
• Convenient mobile app
• Advanced vendor payout system
• Common products for vendors
• Configurable vendor plans
• Seamlessly add AtomChat for effective multilingual buyer-seller communication
• Access private and group messaging on CS-Cart with AtomChat
• Include voice and video call capabilities on CS-Cart with AtomChat
• Multiple administrative access
• The flexible product approval system
• Advanced order management system
• Customizable one-page checkout
Yo!Kart has all the essential features to help you create a vibrant Multi-Vendor marketplace platform. Its multilingual and multi-currency functionality helps you attract customers from around the world. Some of its cons include no custom branding options, and limited payment gateways.
• Inbuilt CMS
• Email integrations
• Customizable themes
• Responsive, user-centered design
• Global product catalog system
• Easy to use
• Support multi-currency
• 20+ payment gateways
• Abandoned cart management
• Essential SEO tools
• PPC advertisements
• Affiliate modules
• Social media sharing
Arcadier is a dedicated, leading, and highly scalable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) marketplace platform. It provides white-labeled marketplace solutions to enable entrepreneurs, startups, and enterprises to create diverse marketplaces.
• API-centric solutions for specific customization needs
• Dedicated admin, seller, and buyer portals
• Bundling multiple vendor products into a single order
• Third-party plugins for currency conversion
• Great communication features, which include a chat function
• Basic SEO support
• Sub-accounts for merchants to manage their inventory
• Supports multiple item checkout
4. BigCommerce Multi-Vendor
BigCommerce Multi-Vendor is a first-rate e-commerce software solution that offers many integrations. These make it easy to boost your marketplace with marketing software such as MailChimp and Marketo. It also makes managing inventory, orders, and customers in one central location easy. The solution’s powerful order management system also makes it simple to oversee sales and payments from multiple vendors.
• Impressive features to entice buyers
• Strong customer support
• Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
• POS invoicing
• Email/SMS marketing tools
5. IXXO Multi-Vendor
With IXXO Multi-Vendor e-commerce platform, there is no need for coding or SEO knowledge. Its user-friendly interface helps you create and manage your online Multi-Vendor website easily.
IXXO supports over 1,200 payment gateways, 30 languages, and 30 currencies. Its drag-and-drop function enables you to customize your marketplace to meet your needs to perfection.
• Limitless products
• Unlimited web vendor competence
• Seller-oriented features
• Impressive themes and templates
• Comprehensive SEO tools
• 24/7 customer support
6. Dokan Multi-Vendor
One of the best Multi-Vendor e-commerce platforms with a simple interface, Dokan makes it easy for you to create and manage your online multi-seller website. Dokan offers powerful tools and features to run your online marketplace business efficiently–right from inventory management to order processing. In terms of cons, Dokan lacks advanced features and isn’t very SEO-friendly.
• Hybrid and dedicated Multi-Vendor solution
• Great basic functionality
• Easy installation and integration
• Hundreds of WooCommer themes support
• Large community
It is a most trusted white-labeled, enterprise-grade online Multi-Vendor marketplace software. A one-time payment solution, it suits beginners, professionals, and companies of any size. With Zielcommerce, you can start an online Multi-Vendor marketplace at a low cost.
Zielcommerce is highly customizable–inside and outside the platform. It makes rebuilding according to changing business needs easy.
• Customizable and scalable
• Multilingual, multi-currency support
• Attractive UX and UI
• Compatible with devices
• Social media and content marketing support
• Reliable customer support
IXXOCart has all the essential tools to be a responsive Multi-Vendor marketplace software. It suits small to large businesses. You need no coding experience to use the solution efficiently. With its 1,000 inbuilt features, the marketplace software enables you to set up your online Multi-Vendor marketplace platform out of the box.
• Scalable to meet dynamic needs
• A dedicated app to attract mobile users
• Search engine optimized to get organic traffic
• Integrates with all third-party software
• 24x7 customer support
9. X-Cart Multi-Vendor
X-Cart Multi-Vendor is a trusted cutting-edge Multi-Vendor marketplace software solution. Its outstanding functionalities meet most Multi-Vendor marketplace demands.
X-Cart Multi-Vendor gives vendors a dedicated interface and the admin full access to the website. The one-time payment marketplace software offers quality Multi-Vendor marketplace platform solutions. These help users enhance their online credibility.
• Both its cloud and self-hosted options are accessible
• Inbuilt marketing and promotion tools
• Trusted payment gateways
• Reliable order management system
• On-time delivery management
It is a top-quality SaaS platform for creating and scaling up an online Multi-Vendor marketplace. Sharetribe offers structured Multi-Vendor marketplace platform solutions. Its integration process helps vendors sell products or services online without any technical support. It has all inbuilt marketing tools to promote your business globally with ease.
• Comprehensive tools for customizing marketplaces
• Responsive, optimized design for all screens
• Easy setting changes to your color theme and photos instantly.
• Comprehensive CMS specifically for visual content
A top end, yet affordable software platform for a Multi-Vendor marketplace website, ZenCart includes powerful features. These include multilingual capabilities, rating and review systems, social media logins, Google Analytics, and more.
• Makes Multi-Vendor marketplaces scalable
• A holistic support system to meet extra business needs
• Mobile-responsive, simple-yet-appealing design
• Effective search options
The dazzling success of top e-commerce Multi-Vendor marketplaces has triggered a shift towards creation of such marketplaces. These marketplaces typically feature optimal shopping and selling experiences.
Effortless interactions between buyers and sellers are essential for a Multi-Vendor marketplace’s success. Multi-Vendor marketplace solutions have limitations on this front. This is where easy-to-integrate Multilingual Group Chat plugins like AtomChat step in with text chat, voice, and video calling capabilities for Multi-Vendor marketplaces. In addition to secure private and group chats, AtomChat brings in powerful functionalities like audio-video conferences, translation, and monetization options. It also includes collaboration features like screensharing, file sharing, and whiteboards.
Now, if you are one of the countless passionate entrepreneurs or individuals eager to create your online multi-seller website, you must have a good sense by now of how to go about it. First of all, form a clear idea of your business goals and needs. Match the features of software solutions with them. And then pick the right one for you wisely. This 11 Best Multi-Vendor Software Solutions guide should make this tough call easier for you.