As social media giants remain in the limelight for privacy and hate speech issues, close-knit online communities thrive in the background. Offering a host of advantages over conventional social media platforms, websites with an embedded chat plugin are becoming increasingly popular among brands and businesses.
If you’re someone looking to build an online community, a social network, forum, or an online marketplace, you’d want to know about the best chat software plugin out there. So, here is a detailed comparison of AtomChat and RumbleTalk to give you enough food for thought as to which one is best suited to your needs!
AtomChat offers over 30 integration options to add chat features to websites. Designed for social network sites, online communities, forums, and online marketplaces, AtomChat guarantees that user engagement goes to the next level.
Here is a list of the most important features that AtomChat offers:
RumbleTalk is an online group chat platform with quick interaction and easy use features. It offers several chat embedding options for live events and websites with robust engagement tools, video calls, and polls.
Here’s a list of some of the most important features RumbleTalk has to offer:
• Text, voice, and video messaging
• Live video calling
• Multiple chat rooms
• Public and private chat
• Monetization through paid access
• Multimedia sharing
AtomChat vs RumbleTalk: A Comparison
Now, let’s take a look at a detailed comparison of AtomChat and RumbleTalk in terms of features, pricing, and more.
Group and private text chat
With AtomChat, the following are the group and private text chat features you can get:
• Real-time chat notifications
• Password-protected and invite-only groups
• Read receipts and typing notifications
• Movable, minimizable, and resizable chat windows with custom notification sounds
• Option to save and manage conversations
RumbleTalk’s group and private text chat features include:
• Social group chat: open to everyone, members-only chat: restricted to members only, one-on-one chats for private discussions
• Option to create multiple chat rooms
• Add chat rooms to different websites or different areas of a site
• Share direct group chat link
• Six different chat types - Member’s chat, Q&A chat, Social Group chat, Private chat, Expert’s chat, and Paid chats
Audio-video calling and conferencing
Here’s what you can get out of the audio-video calling and conferencing features of AtomChat:
• High-definition one-on-one video calls
• Multi-party video conferencing
• Unlimited minutes of voice and video calling
• Option to monetize audio and video calls
• One-to-many video broadcasting supporting up to 50 viewers
Now, let’s see what RumbleTalk has to offer in this domain:
• Private, one-on-one audio and video calls
• Live video feature with a face-to-face chat
• Audio and video messaging feature in social group chats
• Does not support one-to-many video broadcasting
RumbleTalk uses WebRTC technology for audio-video calls. The technology is relatively new and may run into issues. Further, the video feature is a beta version option.
AtomChat’s collaborative features include:
• Screen share feature on mobile and desktop
• Send PDFs, PPTs, and documents via chat attachments instantly and in real-time
• Digital whiteboards for users to share data, texts, graphics and even erase them
• Shared chat files and documents are stored in the cloud
In comparison to AtomChat, RumbleTalk offers rather limited multimedia sharing options.
• Vimeo and YouTube live streaming
• Share recorded audio and video messages
• Share and upload images and files
• Customize your emoticons
Translation and multilingual interface
What differentiates AtomChat from most other chat plugins is that it is a truly multilingual platform that promotes an inclusive space for people speaking diverse languages. You can configure AtomChat and speak to users in their language. It offers nine in-built languages and you can also add your UI translations from the admin panel. Besides, AtomChat enables real-time translation of text chats and supports over 30 different languages.
RumbleTalk, on the contrary, does not have a real-time translation feature, thereby limiting the scope of a convenient and inclusive chatting experience. However, it does support 36 languages in chat.
AtomChat lets users monetize their online platform through tiered access and ads. You can create membership levels on your website/community and offer premium access to specific features. Plus, you can run ads and use the credit deduction system to charge on a per-message/per minute basis. What’s more, AtomChat does not charge a commission!
RumbleTalk also has monetization features in the form of membership subscriptions and time-based payments. But there’s a twist. RumbleTalk charges a 10% commission and hence, you do not get the entire return from your monetization efforts.
Another feature of AtomChat that makes it the number one choice of businesses worldwide is that it allows users to create white-label apps. With the help of this feature, users can customize their chat platforms with their logo, colors, fonts, themes, or any other branding element. Hence, the white-label chat solution lets users create a chat platform without revealing that it was created using the AtomChat software. Thus, users save a lot of time and development costs that building a customized chat solution from scratch would call for.
RumbleTalk does not offer any white-label chat solution.
Plans and pricing
Last but not least, it is pertinent to go through the pricing models of each of the chat software discussed above.
Starting with AtomChat, it offers four flexible pricing plans, each with a range of features suited to specific business needs. Here’s a look:
• Lite ($192/year): For those who are new to using chat software and are just starting.
• Startup ($384/year): Ideal for growing businesses that want to explore more.
• Growth ($792/year): Complete chat kit with engagement tools such as collaborative whiteboard, location sharing, and more.
• Mega ($912/year): Premium chat solution with enhanced engagement tools like screen sharing and white label apps.
RumbleTalk offers the following pricing plans:
• Free: Allows up to five participants and is ideal for trial purposes or small communities.
• Professional: $25-$399/month depending on the number of participants (50-800). The Professional plan is recommended for teams, groups, communities, and online web events.
• Enterprise: A customized plan, supports a minimum of 800 participants.
When we compare the pricing plans of AtomChat and RumbleTalk, we can see that AtomChat’s plans are more transparent, flexible, and diverse.
Both AtomChat and RumbleTalk are chat plugins offering text and video chat features. While AtomChat caters to the needs of social networks, online communities, forums, and marketplaces, RumbleTalk is ideal for websites and live events. However, as evident from the above comparison, AtomChat offers features that RumbleTalk does not.
From robust collaborative options, multilingual support, and translations to white label apps and flexible pricing models, AtomChat single-handedly encompasses all communication needs. Besides, AtomChat offers a powerful admin panel and white-glove integration assistance for easy installation and management. Overall, AtomChat offers a competitive edge over most other chat plugins currently available in the market.