Online job boards are an indispensable part of the job industry. They can connect employers with job seekers from all over the world in a heartbeat. Job portal like Indeed has 200 million users visiting monthly, and its database contains 100 million resumes. It's also a lucrative online business that's always in demand for website owners. So, if you're considering building your own Indeed clone, you should definitely give it a chance.
With its versatile capabilities and support for themes like Jobify, WordPress presents a vast selection of plugins that cater to the essential features of online job portals. Moreover, thanks to its flexibility in modifications, WordPress allows individuals to create job portals that align with the core functionalities of their website.
Users can build Jobify Indeed clone that can extract information from other job boards, generate C2C interactions, or allow centralized job hosting from delegated admins. For instance, one can choose to allow employers to access their portal and create ads or manage their applications. Or, site owners can choose to handle this candidate data themselves, serving as a medium between employers and job-seekers.
How to Use WordPress to Create a Job Portal
One can easily build their Job-seeker or recruitment platform with specific plugins that meet individual requirements such as Ultimate Member or Business Directory. Or, one can just simply choose among Plugins such as WP Job Openings, Simple Job Board, or WP Job Manager that provide all the features of an employment platform to create your online job portal. However, to truly make the experience immersive and similar to other major job portals such as Indeed, it is recommended to use themes such as Jobify that support various form integrations and plugins such as WP Job Manager. Making an Indeed clone using Jobify is easy but loaded with functionalities such as front-end listing submission, search bar functionality with filtering, monetization options and so on.
A job portal should have some basic key features:
• Administrator Dashboard: This is where you can oversee the jobs that are being offered. You must have a system to manage documents, there have to be some tools for employer and employee database management and you need to have a form for registering on your website at the front end.
• Tools for seeking a Job: Your Indeed clone needs to have an element on your website where members can search for jobs and advanced filters can be added such as ‘area of expertise” or ‘years of experience required’. There has to be a job alert system that would help an aspiring employee to get alerted on new jobs and there should be a way to save jobs that one finds interesting. Integrations such as PaidMembershipsPro can help provide tiered access to candidates to charge different degrees of membership fees.
• Portal for the Employer: Next we come to the needs of an employer. The basic functionalities in a job portal that the employer would need are a system for searching resumes, a way to post new jobs, a tracking system for the job applications that have already been filled up, and a form of connecting with candidates and other startups.
Why You should create a Job Board in WordPress
As the most prevalent Content Management System (CMS) in use today, WordPress boasts an open-source code base that facilitates the continuous development of plugins and themes to cater to niche ideas and concepts, including job boards.
If you have an established website with a sizable following, you might consider setting up a job board for several reasons. For one, you can create a new revenue stream by incorporating a few add-ons and charging a fee for posting and searching job listings. Additionally, you can attract subscribers to your newsletter or mailing list by offering free searches or postings on your job board.
Thanks to WordPress's user-friendly administration interface, creating dynamic elements like job boards is a breeze. You can get started with minimal investment and quickly add functionality to monetize your new board.
Using Jobify for building an Indeed Clone -
While building an Indeed clone using Jobify, site owners can get their job portal running in no time. There are a massive number of pre-designed templates to choose from and they are highly dynamic. Jobify officially supports WP Job Manager and allows seamless integration of all the important plugins that you would require to run Indeed clone. This theme also offers an enhanced search feature that allows candidates or employers to look for prospects more effectively. Jobify also comes with location-based filtering to make resume searching or job-searching more efficient. Let’s understand how to build a Jobify Indeed clone for your very own job portal.
• Use the drag-and-drop builder for customizing your home page, listing pages, and job menu. Jobify allows you to customize the job or employer dashboards as well. With Jobify, it is even easier to build an Indeed clone with the drag-and-drop builder than it is to design elements in WordPress from the scratch.
• Activating and configuring plugins such as WP Job Manager, Gravity forms, and the Indeed integration.
• Publish and let plugins such as Resume Search allow Search Engines to do the work for you.
Advantages of Using Jobify:
1. Jobify works well with Google and allows listings to be SEO optimized.
2. Jobify allows your pages to be loaded fast despite being dynamic with 92% Page Speed.
3. Full documentation and thorough professional support.
4. Jobify is mobile-optimized and provides powerful functions that large-scale job portals offer.
5. Compatible with the Elementor page builder
Jobify: A niche of an online job board
Jobify is a fully-integrated WP Job Manager, the most popular WordPress job listing plugin.
WP Job Manager allows users to submit their job applications using a form present at the front end. It offers job listing and filtering powered by AJAX, monitors the old jobs that have been previously published, and uses WooCommerce to monetize your listings.
It also offers you job posting structured data for efficient Search Engine Optimization. Note that this also has PRO features that will allow you to Shortlist and Reject Applications. Other benefits of the PRO pack are exporting applications, and a shortcode generator to build custom job listings.
Here are some more integrations that Jobify officially supports:
• Gravity Forms
• Contact Form 7
• Apply with Xing
• Indeed Integration
• Apply with Facebook
Install Powerful Social Community Plugins such as AtomChat -
AtomChat is a powerful chat plugin that can easily be integrated with Jobify and your WordPress website to make an Indeed clone. AtomChat can bring more value to your website through user engagement, increasing page views, and more conversions. AtomChat offers various features such as real-time text chat, HD video conferencing, real-time notifications, collaboration features, and monetization through ads or tiered access in WordPress. This allows you as a site master to build a growing online community or a forum where candidates and employers can interact with each other.
AtomChat being a popular WordPress Plugin their theme is highly compatible with more features such as:
1. Easy to Integrate
2. Interactive & Collaborative
3. Works with all plugins
4. Secured Admin Controls
5. Communication-centric with Real-time language translations
6. Unlimited groups
7. Easy to monetize your content
One can easily build Indeed clone using Jobify in a day or two with WordPress without having to spend thousands of dollars in development costs. You just need access to WordPress and the amazing themes and plugins it has to offer!
Do get in touch to learn more about how WP and AtomChat can help you build your Indeed clone!