Among all app categories, chat apps are emerging as a leading segment, with the highest usage reach at 91 percent during the third quarter of 2020. This shows the huge popularity of chat apps in today’s mobile-centric, competitive world.
When a business wants to use a chat app, the typical questions are: "Should we develop a chat platform from scratch? Or should we go for a white-label chat software?"
White-labeling is an age-old business practice. It means the use of a company’s branding on a readymade product or service created by a third party. In the case of white-label chat platforms, these are messaging software created by a vendor. It's then sold for the use of a separate entity that can apply its own brand identity.
If you buy readymade white-label chat software, it won’t carry the vendor’s branding elements. You can use the chat platform using your own logo, colors, and fonts. An account manager from the vendor side will manage all technical issues of the chat app.
Countless businesses, startups, agencies, entrepreneurs, and individuals use white-label chat platforms. With these apps, they offer advanced chat functionalities and features to users, even as they maintain brand consistency.
Why you need a white-label chat platform
As a startup or business owner, or a solopreneur, you might prefer to develop your own chat platform. Yet, customized chat development from scratch is a drain on your business resources. It distracts you from your core activity.
When you opt for a white-label chat platform, your chat capabilities go live faster—with lesser resources. The software helps you strengthen your relationships with users. Deep engagement with users is a direct benefit of better communication experiences.
There are four strong reasons why countless businesses and individuals use white-label chat software. These are:
01. Build trust: A white-label platform positions your business as a reliable and credible entity among your users. Since your service team is available for your user at every lifecycle stage of your product or service, it enhances your brand value.
02. Enhance user loyalty: With a ready-to-use chat app, you can focus more on your core activities, client servicing and marketing efforts. Higher user satisfaction levels achieved this way naturally translate to loyal users.
03. Wider reach: Chat enables real-time interaction between users and your business. It also increases conversations between users—anywhere, anytime, as they exchange questions and answers in real-time. In fact, leading white-label chat platforms like AtomChat can even help your agents reach more geographies with its inbuilt capabilities like multilingual chat and real-time translation.
04. Lesser costs, rapid rollouts: A white-label app saves you from the hefty development and ongoing maintenance investments needed for a custom-made app. You can start using it instantly with zero error.
Now that you understand the “why” behind a white-label chat platform, let’s take a look at the “how”? Here are some of the key features that you must look for in a white-label chat solution.
Core Features To Look For in White-Label Chat Apps
01. On-demand solutions: White-labeled solutions must enable branding and rich customization features. It must offer a wide range of integrations with popular applications to further personalize your business offerings.
02. Near universal compatibility: The ideal white-label chat platform is one that works seamlessly across multiple platforms. For example, it must be compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, devices, browsers, channels of communication, etc.
03. Multilingual capability: This is a must if your chat capabilities have to create fast, easy and language barrier-independent connections with users across the world. Your white-label chat platform must offer real-time multilingual translation capabilities in order to achieve this.
04. Powerful analytics: Getting real-time insights and effective sales reports are essential to find new growth opportunities. This empowers you to grow your business on a highly scalable, on-demand basis.
05. In-app chat functionality: The white-label chat solution must offer real-time in-app chats between the product/service provider and users in order to resolve issues and queries.
06. Dedicated user help: Your company must have 24x7 support access as well as a dedicated account manager to quickly address all technical snags.
5 Best White-Label Chat Software of 2022
1. CONTUS MirrorFly
MirrorFly is a self-hosted 100 percent customizable API. This white-label chat software offers multiple branding options. Just add your company colors, custom features and logo to your white-label chat app and publish.
You can host the chat platform on MirrorFly’s cloud, your own cloud, or on-premise. It lets your users share photos, videos and other files. Users can also collaborate via whiteboards, apply search filters, personalize profiles, book meetings, and manage calls.
- 100% customization with over 150+ exciting features
- Flexible and adaptable enough to add to existing implementations on iOS, Android, and web apps
- Provides hosting infrastructure options with on-premise and on-cloud as per the business needs
- High-end scalability and security
- Based on the Software as a Product (SaaP) model, it can be used at a one-time license cost
Zangi’s premise is to give you a business-ready white-label chat solution for your idea. With Zangi, you can create your own chat platform with features such as messaging, voice/video calling, file sharing, group chat, and more.
You can impress your brand identity on Zangi’s white-label chat platform by applying your colors, logo, etc. Then publish your white-label chat app on Google Play or the App Store. It can be hosted on the Zangi cloud, your on-premise setup or on the public cloud.
- Integration of own or any third-party In/Out VoIP terminations
- DID numbers to route incoming off-net calls to existing phone helplines
- Smooth HD video and voice calls
- Group chats to keep in touch with internal and external users
- Calls and messages are protected with end-to-end encryption
- Addition of own stickers to engage users as well as monetize
AtomChat’s white-labeling feature allows you to showcase your brand presence. This white-label solution lets you create your own app with the full-scale visibility of your brand. For instance, you can add your brand color, name, logo, icon, and much more.
This versatile yet cost-effective chat solution from AtomChat seamlessly integrates with over 30 platforms. It helps you engage your user community and audience via group chats, audio-video messaging, collaborative tools, a multilingual interface, and real-time multilingual translation.
AtomChat’s white-labeled chat app can support large group chats with open-to-all and public groups support. Its powerful admin panel allows granular control of access and chat behavior.
- Full access to the apps published under your Google and Apple accounts
- Rich and immersive calling experience with HD audio/video calling
- Private and group messaging for easy communication and collaboration
- Real-time multilingual translation helps connect users and others worldwide
- Secure communication with password-protected and invite-only groups
- Typing indicator and read receipts for users
The self-hosted white-label chat platform from Mobisoft lets you build an instant messaging app that drives engagement and business outcomes. You can host this chat platform on the cloud or as an on-premise implementation.
Mobisoft's interactive chat app enables user engagement with private chats or group chat capabilities with quick messaging features.
- A powerful dashboard enables the admin to effectively manage and control chat interactions. You can also get real-time insights into user activities.
- Delivers supreme customer satisfaction with minimalistic-yet-intuitive UI/UX design
- All communication data is fully encrypted with SSL/TSL and secured with E2EE
- Private information is protected with a firewalled network
- Mobile chat app is configured with AES
- Multiple authentication levels limit unauthorized use
Sendbird helps you integrate a white-label chat solution cohesively into your online ecosystem. You can give your users next-level communication experiences, and let them engage via in-app communications.
You can combine the white-label chat with API and SDK messaging. This helps you manage all your interactions on an easy-to-use single platform. You can also curate experiences based on user needs and your business goals.
- Provide optimized chat functionalities
- Enrich user experiences with advanced custom features
- Great media sharing in GIFs, videos, audios, images and more
- Keep users posted with tailored notifications
- Real-time updates with profile history and insights with typing indicators, read receipts, group lists and more.
- A sense of community for users as they engage in private and group chats
Adding a chat platform’s capabilities to your service adds value to your product or service, even as it raises customer satisfaction levels. White-label chat platforms are becoming more popular than custom-made chat apps on this front due to their unique advantages and benefits.
The right white-label chat platform enables you to maintain brand consistency across all platforms and channels of communication. It ensures desirable user engagement, experience, and trust.