What is a WordPress Chat Paywall?
You can pick from a host of WordPress paywall options as plugins based on your business needs. However, you must first understand the different types of paywalls in order to make an informed decision.
While a hard paywall allows only limited to no access to content without a subscription, soft paywalls are flexible. Users can access specific content pieces without a subscription using a soft paywall. With the third type, aka metered paywall, users can access a certain number of content assets for free before the switch to paid subscriptions.
WordPress paywall plugins offer significant advantages over other monetization options like:
- Quick setup and execution
- Seamless payment tracking and management of payment methods
- Smoother scheduling of appointments
- Gives users instant paid access to your service or digital product
- Doesn't require technical knowledge or experience from you or your users
- Access on any device and from any location, as it is Web-based
Integration of a paywall into your WordPress website
You can integrate a WordPress paywall plugins into your WP website to gate content. This requires installation and activation of a WordPress plugin that supports paywall functionality. Monitor and analyze the WordPress Paywall plugins performance to tweak settings if necessary. Here, an analytics tool is handy to get insights into your user engagement and conversions.
A case in point is the AtomChat plugin, which helps you efficiently monetize your content (or service) with tiered access. You can create membership levels and offer premium access to certain website features. Its credit deduction system lets you charge users on a per minute or message-wise basis. Use role-based access control to restrict access to features.
You can add your users to AtomChat’s WordPress paywall plugin on the fly. After automatic import of roles and relationships into the plugin, your users can deepen their existing relationships and enjoy role-based privileges.
Adding a chat paywall into your WordPress website
1. Go to "My Site" → Plugins on your WordPress website
2. Search for WordPress paywall plugins by functionality using the term "paywall" in the search field or using a specific paywall plugin's name
3. Choose the paywall plugin that meets your needs
4. After selection of the WordPress paywall plugin, click "Install Now"
5. Enter your license key and other necessary information. Then, click on "Activate License Key" to activate the plugin.
6. Configure the settings. You can easily set up credit card payments. Click on "Add Payment Method" and open the 'Gateway' dropdown. Select a payment gateway from the options and set it up.
7. Create a membership plan or restrict content access so users can securely make payments
8. Set up WordPress paywall parameters like charges, payment methods, and the subscription duration
9. Integrate a chat widget onto your website and connect it to the WordPress paywall plugin. A third-party service or WordPress plugin is handy for this purpose. If necessary, add a code snippet or use API integration.
10. Test the chat paywall integration to ensure it's working correctly. Tweak the settings or code snippets based on your monetization needs.
11. Configure the WordPress paywall plugin to suit your website's design and features
12. Create a call-to-action button or link to start the chat paywall
Chat paywall functionality is supported by most free and premium WordPress plugins. In addition to the AtomChat plugin, the other popular paywall options are as follows.
The list of best Wordpress chat paywalls is listed below -
An extensively customizable and comprehensive WordPress paywall plugin, Paid Memberships Pro offers rich features. Ensure an intuitive user experience, restrict user access to premium content, online courses, members-only discounts, sign up members, take subscription payments, and more with this plugin.
For instance, you can leverage the WordPress paywall capability to:
- Set up unlimited membership levels with pricing models like one-time or recurring payments
- Add Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, Braintree, 2Checkout, and other payment gateways to the members-only area
- Restrict custom post types, which include events, courses, pages, posts, and categories
- Access reports on sign-ups, cancellations, and expirations
Pricing: $247/year onwards
Limit user's access to your content based on their membership level or status with the MemberPress WordPress paywall plugin. MemberPress allows you to:
- Set up membership levels, WordPress paywalls, online courses, and communities
- Restrict content to pages, child pages, custom post types, and more
- Offer multiple front-end pricing tables to attract new subscribers
- Provide members with automated billing and upgrades
- Drip content with timed releases and end dates for user retention
- Create coupons for your customers
Pricing: $179/year onwards
With Restrict Content Pro, you can create unlimited customized subscription levels, content restriction rules, and discount codes. This means that your users can easily experience free trial access to your paywalled content. Moreover, the plugin has a range of free and premium add-ons that extend its functionality.
You can use Restrict Content Pro to:
- Craft content restricted by a WordPress paywall. You can use a quick shortcode or add it manually to specific posts.
- Control users' access to your content depending on membership levels, content categories, and tags
- Take payments via widely used gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, 2Checkout, and Authorize.net
- Let users upgrade or downgrade their subscriptions
Pricing: From $99/year onwards
The s2Member plugin has all the essential features to build a fully functional membership site, which includes subscription renewal and restriction options. You can sell user keys so that users get access to digital content like eBooks and online courses. s2Member also allows content dripping, coupon, and gift card redemption.
With s2Member, you can use WordPress paywall features to:
- Create unlimited membership tiers
- Upload protected media files to your website
- Integrate popular payment gateways and brute force attack monitoring
- Get support for MailChimp, bbPress, and BuddyPress
Pricing: Free or Pro (requires a one-time fee of $89 for one site or $189 for unlimited sites)
A chat paywall makes it easier for your users to pay you for premium content and services. WordPress paywalls are an effective way to balance your revenue generation needs.
As listed above, many popular free and paid WordPress paywall plugins support rich functionalities. Opting for WordPress paywall capabilities that best meets your website and business needs is the best way forward.